• Fri., Aug 23, 2019, Dog Days V, In Situ Art Society, Bonn, Bornheimer Str. 130, Dialograum Kreuzung an St. Helena, 7:00 p.m.
• Sat., Aug 24, 2019, Dog Days VI, In Situ Art Society, Bonn, Bornheimer Str. 130, Dialograum Kreuz an St. Helena, 7:00 p.m.
• So., Aug 25, 2019, Copal Free Music Quintet, Sankt Augustin, “Kunsthalle Hangelar”, Bachstrasse 45b, 5:00 p.m.
• Fri., Sept 20, 2019, Copal Free Music Quintet, Troisdorf, Kunsthaus Troisdorf, Muelheimer Str. 23, 8:00 p.m.
• Sat., Sept 21, 2019 Material Symphony, Open Workshop Concert, Cologne / Merheim, Pertruskirche, Kieskauler Weg 53, 5:00 p.m.
• Fri., January 31, 2020, “The music of Norbert Stein & Pata”, Stadtgarten, Cologne, Venloerstr. 40, 8:30 p.m.
New workshop series from October 2019:
Improvised Worlds — The Paths to Freedom
Topics of the workshop:
• Time, flow and rhythm
• Structure, form and compositional consciousness
• Strengthening of collective and individual musical skills
– Decisions in improvisation – Dramaturgy of collective improvisation – Stages of Polyphony – Sound languages in communication – Paradigms in music – Modular compositions and improvisations
The content is cross-genre, open to all instruments and voices and to new interested parties.
The series is planned for six months: from October 2019 to the end of March 2020
Scheduled workshop times are:
On the last Saturday of each month from 4 pm to 7 pm in the Bürgerhaus Stollwerck
(Exception: In December because of Christmas already on 14.12.).
The cost contribution is 60,- Euro for all six workshop dates.
For more information and registration:
Phone: +49 (0)221 – 376 16 62
In 3 volumes with a total of 325 exercises, the PATA WORKBOOK offers a thorough way to master comprehensive interval connections and the development of a superior saxophone technique over the entire tone range of the instrument
The book contains 57 compositions in 12 chapters, thus offering a wide variety of contemporary melodies: from the simple beauty of a familiar tonality to clear lines which reach beyond conventional tonality and create something new. The compositions included in MELOS can be found on the author’s varied CD recordings.
Each of the compositions is augmented by a variety of practical exercises.
117 pages, spiral bound
Further information, demo pages
The new CD release:
“We Are” Pata 24
Vibrant melodies open spaces for a thrilling contemporary music.
Further information, demo clips and mail order at the Pata CD-Shop.
Norbert Stein – tenor saxophone, composition; Philip Zoubek – piano; Joscha Oetz – double bass; Etienne Nillesen – prepared snare drum + cymbal